With our prestigious contactless World credit card, the wealth of benefits are truly exceptional. Indulge in a diverse range of privileges; such as exclusive services, unlimited, free of charge access to key airport lounges worldwide, secure online payment, combination of worldwide acceptance and valuable features that perfectly matches your needs and your lifestyle.
- Unlimited free of charge access to more than 900 key airport lounges in more than 415 cities in over 135 countries worldwide.
- Accumulate Ithmaar Reward loyalty points with each transaction, and redeem your points online to choose from 700 airlines, 150,000 hotels, car rental services, cash back or donations.
- In addition to the standard use of the credit card, a new Contactless feature is introduced which enables you to make purchases quicker and safer with just a tap, without using your PIN.
- Free Life Takaful*
- Minimum repayment of 5% of closing balance per month.
- 25 days grace period from the statement date to pay that could go up to 55 days.
- Cash withdrawal transactions up to 50% of the credit limit.
- Free supplementary cards for family members.
- Fraud protection by secure code authentication using One-Time Password (OTP) for your online payment transactions.
- Complimentary offers provided by MasterCard Buy 1 get 1 through the Middle East & Africa.
- Privileges and discounts at luxury serviced apartments.
- Complimentary hotel nights when you stay with SPG hotels and Resorts.
- Discount and offers to rent a car with Hertz Gold Plus rewards.
- Obtain a discount when booking international roundtrip airfares with ClearTrip.
- Enjoy discounts with Careem rides.
- Exclusive spa offers across Fairmont, Raffles and Swiss hotels.
- MyUS premium shipping discounts.
- European Shopping Villages Offers from Chic Outlet shopping.
- Access to front row seating and other complimentary benefits at the Dubai Opera.
- Travel insurance confirmation letter*
- Travel Medical insurance*
- Travel inconvenience insurance*
**Terms & Conditions apply.
All offers and discounts are available on the “MasterCard for You” application on the App store or Google play store.
Fees & Charges
- No Membership fee.
- No Annual fee.
- BD 5 for replacement of the card.
- BD 5 for Replacement of PIN.
- BD 5 for Charge-back fee (for rejected claims only)
- BD 4 for Cash advance fee
- BD 5 for Late payment fee (payable to charity)
- Foreign currency conversion fee 1.5%
Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
|Bahraini||Expatriate||GCC National||Business Owners
& High Net worth
|Age when applying||21||21||21||21||21|
|Latest Pay Slip|
|Bank Statement||3 Months||3 Months||3 Months||6 Months||3 Months|
|Min. Credit Limit||BD 3,000|
|Max. Credit Limit||BD 50,000|
|Monthly Service Fee||BD 650|
|Cash Withdrawal Limit||50% of limit|
Airport Lounge access
Present your World MasterCard and enjoy unlimited free of charge access to more than 900 key airport lounges in more than 415 cities in over 135 countries worldwide. To view the list of lounges, visit www.mastercard.com/bh/consumer/world.html or through the “Mastercard for you” mobile application.
To calculate your Ithmaar Rewards loyalty points, please refer to the below information:
|Description||Ithmaar Rewards Points|
|1 point per
|1.5 points per
Most common Asked Question (FAQ)
How does your New Credit Card Work?
The Credit Card will have fixed monthly fee that will be charged to cardholder for being able to utilize its features and benefits. Every credit card has a fixed monthly fee, and customers are required to pay them on monthly basis. However, the Bank holds the right to waive the monthly fees fully or partially as it sees appropriate.
How do I know how much I have to pay?
The amount due for payment is reflected in your Credit Card Statement as Amount Due. Or mentioned in the SMS that the customer receives on a monthly basis..
What is the Minimum Payment Due?
The minimum amount you need to pay on or before the due date is 5% of the closing balance, or BD10, whichever is higher. If you only pay the Minimum Amount Due, the remaining balance will be carried over to the next statement. If you are not able to pay the Minimum Amount Due by Payment Due Date, a late charge of BD5, will be charged to your account.
When is late payment charge levied?
In case you fail to make a payment of the amount due before the payment due date, late payment charges would be billed in the subsequent statement.
How much of my credit limit can I use for Cash Advance transactions?
For World Cards you can withdraw cash up to 50% of your credit limit.
When will I receive my Credit Card Statement?
Your Credit Card Statement is generated every month on the date indicated as the Statement Date. If you do not receive it within 10 days from said date, kindly contact the Call Centre on 13303030 and we will advise you details so you can avoid late charges.
What happens if I lose my card or if my card is stolen?
Please notify us immediately by calling the Call Centre on 13303030 or visit the eBanking page in order to block the card. This will protect you from subsequent unauthorised use of your card and enable us to provide you with a replacement card.
How many supplementary cardmembers can I have?
You may request for unlimited supplementary cardholders.
How do I apply for a Card and what is the eligibility?
You can apply for the NewIthmaarIslamic Credit Card by:
- Visiting www.ithmaarbank.com
- Calling Ithmaar Bank Call Center 13303030.
- Visit any branch.
The eligibility for each Card may differ. You can "click here" to view the criteria for each Credit Cards we offer.
How should an EMV Chip + PIN Card be used?
Step 1: Ensure the merchant inserts (Dips) the Card inside the chip terminal instead of swiping the Card.
Step 2: Confirm the amount and enter your 4-digit Card PIN to authorize the transaction.
Step 3: Remove the Card when the transaction is complete.
How do I make payments to my Credit Card?
You can make the payment towards your Credit Card in a number of ways. You can simply login into your account using your ePIN and make the payment or through the ePayment Gateway by visiting https://www.ithmaarbank.com/epayment
Standing Instruction to debit your Account and credit your Card Account every month. You can choose between two convenient payment options: Total Balance or Minimum amount due.
How do I read my statement?
Your statement is divided mainly into three parts. The first part informs you about the major informationassociated with your Card, such as,
- Your Card number
- Date of your statement
- Card Currency
- Credit limit
- Beginning Balance
- Closing Balance
- Monthly Service fee etc.
The second part has a date-wise detail itinerary of your purchases, payments and fees if any. All your transactions are listed here.
The last part has information regarding your Ending Balance, Due Date and Amount Due (Minimum payment required).
I have not received my monthly statement, what can I do?
In case of non-receipt of statement, you can:
Visit www.ithmaarbank.com and logon to your eBanking using your Internet Password and check your account status. If you do not have an Internet Password, you can generate one online or call our call centre on 13303030 and ask for details of your account.